Dr. Kritika Mathur
Assistant Professor , School of Business, Public Policy and Social Entrepreneurship
2016 Awarded PhD Degree on September 22, 2016
Thesis Topic: ‘An Empirical Study of Indian Commodity Markets’
Thesis Guide: Prof. Pankaj Sinha
Faculty of Management Studies, University of Delhi
2009 NET/JRF Qualified in Economics
2009 Masters in Economics, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi
2007 Bachelors in Economics, Dyal Singh College, University of Delhi
Currently I am teaching Under Graduate and Post Graduate Students at Ambedkar University Delhi (AUD), as Assistant Professor (Permanent since September 2015)
Taught at School of Business, Public Policy & Social Entrepreneurship (SBPPSE), Ambedkar University Delhi (AUD), as Assistant Professor (Temporary and Adjunct) (July 2013 to September 2015)
Courses taught/teaching at AUD- Micro Economics, Managerial Economics, Business Research, Project Management, Corporate Finance, Security Analysis and Portfolio Management, Mergers and Acquisitions, International Business Environment, Investment Banking and Private Equity, International Financial Management, and Issues and Perspectives of Public Policy
Seminar / Conferences
Conferences/Workshops attended and Seminars organised
- Attended the Realising your International Ambition organised by EFMD Global and hosted by Education Promotion Society for India, New Delhi (28 February - 1 March 2019)
- Attended the India CSR Summit 2018, New Delhi (24 September 2018)
- Participated and attended the International Conference on Agribusiness in Emerging Economies at TERI School of Advanced Studies, New Delhi (3 January 2018)
- Attended the Teaching with Simulations Seminar with content partnership from Harvard Business Publishing at Genpact, Gurgaon (31 March-1 April 2017)
- Participated and attended the World Finance Conference, St John University, Manhattan, New York, USA (29 – 31 July 2016)
- Participated and attended the 52nd Annual Conference of The Indian Econometric Society, IIM Kozhikode, Kerala (4 – 6 January 2016)
- Co-Convenor of National Seminar on Social Entrepreneurship organised by School of Business, Public Policy & Social Entrepreneurship (SBPPSE), Ambedkar University Delhi (AUD) on (5 March 2014)
- Participated and attended the 50th Annual Conference of The Indian Econometric Society, IGIDR, Mumbai (22–24 December 2013)
- Participated and attended the 49th Annual Conference of The Indian Econometric Society, Patna (9–11 January 2013)
- Participated and attended the 27th International Conference of the American Committee for Asian Economic Studies (ACAES), Deakin University, Melbourne, Australia (26-27 October 2012
Taught at Jesus and Mary College, Delhi University, as Assistant Professor (Adhoc) from July 2010 – June 2011
Courses taught at JMC, DU- Development Theory and Experience, Macro economics, and Contemporary India
Organization : The Smart Cube, Noida
Designation : Analyst
Duration : September 2009 – July 2010
Received Outstanding Achievement Award in February 2010
My Zone / Area of Expertise
Dr Kritika Mathur is interested in supervising research in the area of Derivatives (Financial and Commodity Markets); Indian Capital Market; Macroeconomic Issues; Monetary & Financial Sector Policies; Banking; Public Policy- Energy Sector and Infrastructure
A few of the projects undertaken:
Market studies : Business Telecom Services, Non woven Industry and Meeting Management Market
Economic Analysis of Budget Cuts in UK
Weekly newsletter involving economic and policy news, export, import and production data for key commodities
Economic data centric research and analysis (analyzed stimulus packages and its impact on demand for optic fiber cable)
Chapter(s) in Book(s):
Mathur K., Kaicker N., Gaiha R. and Thapa G. (2014). Financialisation of Food Commodity markets, Price Surge and Volatility: New Evidence in Handbook on Food- Demand, Supply, Sustainability and Security (eds Jha R., Gaiha R. and Deolalikar A.) Edward Elgar Publishing, Cheltenham, UK, ISBN: 978-1-78100-428-9.
- Sinha, P., & Mathur, K. (2015). Price, Return and Volatility Linkages of Base Metal Futures traded in India. International Research Journal of Finance and Economics, 130, 35-54.
- Sinha, P., & Mathur, K. (2014). Efficient Indian Commodity Markets – Need for Comprehensive Warehousing System. Agricultural Situation in India, Publication Division, Directorate of Economics and Statistics, Department of Agriculture and Cooperation, Ministry of Agriculture, Government of India, 71(8), 5-13.
- Sinha, P., & Mathur, K. (2014). Securities Transaction Tax and the Stock Market: An Indian Experience. Finance India, 28(2), 441-452.
- Sinha, P., & Mathur, K. (2012). Evolution of Security Transaction Tax in India. International Journal of Intelligent Technologies and Applied Statistics, 5(4), 405-422.
Working Papers (available online):
- Sinha, P., & Mathur, K. (2016). Empirical Analysis of Developments in the Day Ahead Electricity Markets in India. MPRA Paper 72969.
- Sinha, P., & Mathur, K. (2016). Linkages between Gold Futures Traded in Indian Commodity Futures Market and International Commodity Futures Market. MPRA Paper 72967.
- Sinha, P., & Mathur, K. (2016). Impact of Global Financial Crisis and Implied Volatility in the Equity Market on Gold Futures Traded on Multi Commodity Exchange, India. MPRA Paper 72966.
- Sinha, P., & Mathur, K. (2015). Impact of Commodities Transaction Tax on Indian Commodity Futures. MPRA Paper 63677.
- Mathur, K., & Sinha, P. (2014). Dynamics of Day-Ahead Trading of Electricity in India. MPRA Paper 59934.
- Sinha, P., & Mathur, K. (2013). A study on the Price Behavior of Base Metals traded in India. MPRA Paper 47028.
- Sinha, P., & Mathur, K. (2013). International Linkages of Agri-Processed and Energy commodities traded in India. MPRA Paper 50214.